I LOVE Christmas time and I love all of the traditions that come along with it. Growing up my family always had a few traditions but I am so excited to start new traditions with Brandon, Eleanor, and I. Here are a few of my favorite new and old traditions!
- Matching Holiday Pajamas – Call me cheesy, but I freaking LOVE matching holiday pajamas. Brandon isn’t usually the biggest fan of matching but he doesn’t even fight me on it anymore! Ha! You can find our pajamas for this year HERE.
- Zoo Lights – We are so fortunate to live near the #1 zoo in the country. The Columbus Zoo and Aquarium puts on an AMAZING light display every winter and I look forward to going every year. Walking around the zoo and drinking hot chocolate is surely a favorite to many people in Columbus. If you’ve never been, go check it out! I can’t wait to take Eleanor!!
- Holiday Decorating – Putting up decorations and watching one of my favorite Christmas movies, ELF, is always a highlight of the season for me. There’s something magical about putting up the tree and seeing it all decorated and lit up. I’m really into neutrals and anything soft for my holiday decor- stayed tuned for a post of our own holiday decor coming soon!! You can find stockings like mine at Target! Thank goodness Eleanor isn’t mobile yet! Next year we will have to baby proof the tree!
- Cinnamon Rolls – Every year for as long as I can remember, I help my mom make cinnamon rolls on Christmas morning. Not only does the final product taste delicious, but it’s created memories that I will cherish forever. I can’t wait for Eleanor to become a part of this tradition too. Find my favorite cinnamon roll recipe HERE!
- Christmas Tree Hunting – Our newest tradition is hunting for a Christmas tree together as a family of 3. We went last week and had so much fun together as a family. Make sure to go read my blog post telling you all about our experience at Timbuk Farm HERE!